We’re pleased to introduce Hanning Feng, who is on a placement with the Museum & Art Gallery for 8 weeks this summer as part of her Museum Studies postgraduate degree with the University of Leicester.
Over the summer Hanning will gain experience of the varied and exciting work that takes place here. She had a busy first week working alongside the Exhibitions Officer, Outreach Officer and Assistant Museum Officer. Last week Hanning:
- Helped to take an exhibition down and carefully packed objects away in store
- Started work on the collections audit with training on how to use our specialist collections management software
- Assisted with the installation of our latest exhibition “Dressing the women from Poldark”
- Shadowed a planning meeting for an exhibition next year on the history of the Festival of Arts
- Prepared children’s Make & Take activities for the summer holidays
And there’s lots more to come! You may meet Hanning at one of our summer holiday events and we’ll share more of her work here and on Facebook.